5/22/11

Kayaking Down the Brisbane River

Today we went on this massive 2 hour kayaking adventure down the Brisbane River. It was a really good time. But so hard. My arms were killing me. Going into this, I had no idea how to kayak the most I ever did was the few times I went with my cousin Laura in Maine on Mousam Lake like when I was 12 which was nothing like today. The instructor was this awesome New Zealander. He helped me learn how to do it. I was plowing down the river at the end of the day. We played lots of crazy games like when we put the kayaks in a circle and ran around on top of them in a circle. We also did challenges like hand stands on the kayaks and standing straight up and paddling. We also had to work with a buddy to figure out how to put both our left feet in one boat and our right in the other. It was difficult but fantastic. I fell right in at that point and got my T. Swift shirt soaked. The water was so warm. I love it here in Australia. Its like never cold.

On the way back from this adventure we walked through the botanical gardens. They were so beautiful. There was tropical trees and plants on either side of the path. It looked and felt just like we were in the Rainforest. I loved it.

The path through the Botanical Gardens
View from the hill of the shoreline along the river


Afterwards we stopped at the Queensland Mall and hung out.

That's all for now. I'll keep you guys posted with more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment