5/22/11

Underwater World & Mooloolaba


5/22/11

Today we ventured to Underwater World in Mooloolaba. It’s basically this HUGE aquarium in a nut sell. There was tons of organisms in a touch tank with enchinoderms like sea stars and sea cumcumberes and other tank with sharks and rays. There was also this fish that runs on water which turns out is actually technically an amphibian. There was also a fish that spits at its prey. We played with it using a ring that belonged to one  of the girls in our group. I also saw a seal show. It was really fun and adorable.

We all went out to lunch after to this cute little fish and chips joint by the beach. It was SO delicious. It was actually wrapped in a paper bag just like in the movies. It had huge salt crystals on it too. You to pay $1 for ketchup and another $4.30 for a drink. I got raspberry mineral water. Essentially eating here is wicked expensive, yet so melt in your mouth delicious.

We all hung out on the beach after and jumped the waves. After we took for goofy photos.


Finally at the end of the day, I got to go on a shark dive! How awesome?! I didn’t even have a cage; we just went right in the tank with our gear on. The sharks swam all around me. One even swam head on in my direction and then brushed against my side. The whole adventure was such an adrenaline rush. We had to keep our hands in front of our bodies because waving them around attracts the sharks. I found out that they are fed when people make a similar motion so they would get confused.  It was such a great time. I had such an amazing experience. I even got a photo, certificate, & T-shirt to prove it if you don’t believe me. Photos will be added soon once I get them from some people.



To end this super stellar day, we had the most delicious pizza: pesto, pumpkin, roasted red pepper, artichoke, spinach and feta. Yum!!!

Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Fish and chips and your pizza sound so yummy!! Can't wait to see your shark picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEN!! I cannot believe you swam with sharks!! EEEKKKKKKKK!!!!! anyway i am soooo glad you are updating me on the food :) you know i am really interested in that information :D i miss you and wish i could see you! can't wait till your home and we can go surfing :)

    ReplyDelete